Current Practices in Division I Men’s Basketball Event Staff Management: The Effect of Arena and Management Factors on Event Staffing Practices Public Deposited
Downloadable ContentDownload PDF
- Last Modified
- March 22, 2019
- Affiliation: College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Exercise and Sport Science
- There are currently 345 NCAA Division I men's basketball teams. Each of these teams competes at a home arena operated by an event management organization to accommodate the wants, needs, and desires of everyone in attendance of the event. To ensure proper security and customer service, an event manager must recruit, train, and supervise a coordinated team of event staff. While general event management recommendations have been discussed throughout the literature, an assessment of current practices in collegiate athletic event staffing has not been fully explored. Event staffing methods and organizational culture perceptions were surveyed, collected, and analyzed in this study. In addition to establishing current practices, differences in event staffing methods were analyzed based on attendance figures, conference affiliation, cultural perceptions, and the internal/external status of event management organizations. Also, differences in organizational culture perceptions between internal and external organizations were analyzed.
- Date of publication
- May 2012
- Resource type
- Rights statement
- In Copyright
- ... in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts in the Department of Exercise and Sport Science.
- Southall, Richard M.
- Degree granting institution
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
This work has no parents.
|Current practices in Division I men's basketball event staff management : the effect of arena and management factors on event staffing practices||2019-04-10||Public||