On target: minority outreach strategies of the Let's Move! campaign Public Deposited
- Last Modified
- March 21, 2019
Gillam, Stephanie L.
- Affiliation: Hussman School of Journalism and Media
- Obesity among adults and children is a growing concern in the United States. Launched in 2010, First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move! initiative aims to eradicate childhood obesity in a generation. This case study explores the campaign's communication tactics and strategies targeted to minority audiences. Research showed that the primary minority outreach tactics implemented thus far have been multimedia PSAs and the use of minority spokespersons. However, research also uncovered the apparent lack of a coordinated minority communication strategy. Recommendations are offered for the improvement of the campaign's minority outreach strategies going forward.
- Date of publication
- May 2012
- Resource type
- Rights statement
- In Copyright
- ... in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts in Mass Communication in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Straughan, Dulcie Murdock
- Degree granting institution
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
This work has no parents.
|On target : minority outreach strategies of the Let's Move! campaign||2019-04-10||Public||