Rethinking Flood Analytics: Proceedings from the 2017 Flood Analytics Colloquium Public Deposited
- Other Affiliation: Talus Analytics
- Affiliation: Renaissance Computing Institute
Luettich, Richard A.
- Affiliation: Coastal Resilience Center of Excellence
- Other Affiliation: Jackson State University
- Other Affiliation: Water-Wonks, LLC
- This report documents outcomes from the Flood Analytics Colloquium held at the Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI) in Chapel Hill, NC, on November 7-9, 2017. The Colloquium was sponsored jointly by the Coastal Resilience Center of Excellence (CRC), RENCI, and two organizations within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Science and Technology Directorate: the First Responders Group (FRG) and the Office of University Programs. The overall purpose of the Colloquium was to support the Flood Apex Program, which is managed by the FRG with the goals of reducing fatalities and property losses from future flood events, increasing community resilience to disruptions caused by flooding, and developing better investment strategies to prepare for, respond to, recover from and mitigate against flood hazards. The Colloquium convened a group of approximately 50 selected persons from a variety of sectors and disciplines to explore the future of flood analytics and how it can better address the increasingly complex needs of society in dealing with flood events.
- Date of publication
- Related resource URL
- Resource type
- Rights statement
- In Copyright
- 44 pp
This work has no parents.